Skip to Main Site Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer
Back To Top

Incoming New Students

Housing Application & Placement Process For Incoming New & Transfer Students:

Welcome home, Warriors! We are excited that you're joining us for the upcoming year! To request on-campus housing, please follow these steps:

Step 1 - $250 Housing Deposit

In order to be placed into Eastern housing, you must first pay the non-refundable $250 Housing Deposit and fill out an Online Housing Application in eWeb (please use the instructions below). Students are NOT assigned to housing until both the non-refundable deposit is paid AND the housing application is submitted. You may lose your opportunity to live in your first choice hall if you pay the deposit early but do not submit the application. We use the data collected from this online application to record your hall preferences and attempt to match you with compatible roommates. It should only take a few minutes to fill out. We will no longer be accepting paper Housing applications.

In order to be placed in Eastern housing, all students must first pay the non-refundable $250 Housing Deposit.

PLEASE NOTE: All incoming First-Year and Transfer/Re-Admit students must also pay the $200 Tuition Deposit at the time the housing deposit is paid.

PLEASE NOTE: Financial Aid, Loans, Scholarships and payment plans cannot be used to pay the housing deposit. Payment can be made in cash, check, nomey order, or online using various methods such as bank account transfer, debit, and credit cards (including Visa) through the student's eWeb account. The housing deposit is not subject to credi card transaction fees. The Housing office will not accept housing deposit payments. If paying online, please be sure to pay it as a deposit and not as a regular payment to the account, otherise it will not show up as a housing deposit.

Housing Deposit Payment Instructions

Step 2 - Online Housing Application

SPECIAL NOTE: You must click "add request" after selecting your hall choices or the system will not record your choice(s). If you do not click on "add request," your application will still be submitted, but without hall preferences and you will be randomly assigned to any open hall. Graduate spots are limited (4) and are only available in Low Rise Apartments.

This step is best completed using Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox as your internet browser. The "MyHousing Portal" may not be compatible with other browsers such as Safari or Internet Explorer. 

  • Disable Your Pop-Up Blocker
  • Activate your Office 365 account
  • Browse to, then click “Explore all your apps”. If you’re using your cell phone, you may need to first click the icon with nine dots in the upper left corner to access your apps.
  • Scroll until you see an icon of a house, and the "My Housing Portal".
  • Click on the icon for the "My Housing Portal"
  • Click "Applications" on the left hand navigation menu.
  • Select the Housing Application for the year and/or the term you are going to be living on campus. NOTE: Students applying for fall housing are requesting both fall AND spring housing and may not cancel their housing between semesters in an academic year, per the Housing Contract.
    1. Select the application type (pay attention to the correct semester you are trying to apply for)
    2. You must read and agree to the housing contract to continue.
    3. Add personal preferences and click continue.
    4. Add living preferences (select choice 1 and request hall type, then select hall and click "add request" or your hall preference will not save, you can then select a choice 2, 3, etc. but be sure to click "add request" after each choice or they will not save. Once you click "add request" the hall will pop up to the top of the screen and in red lettering will read "your room preference has been added."
    5. Click "continue" to submit the application.
  • Eastern Connecticut State University is committed to providing equal access to its programs, services, and activities, including on-campus housing. The Office of Housing and Residential Life works closely with the Office of AccessAbility Services (OAS) to ensure students with documented disabilities are able to enjoy accessible on-campus housing. Please review the information included in the Accessible Housing Information brochure, located on the OAS website, to learn the process for requesting on-campus housing that is accessible to you. Students must complete this process every year, as accommodations do not roll from year to year.

If you are having trouble logging into Eastern Apps or the My Housing Portal, please contact the HelpDesk at 860-465-4346.


When I try to log into Eastern Apps or the MyHousing Portal, I cannot log in. How do I log in if my password isn't working?
Please contact the HelpDesk at 860-465-4346, Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm. The HelpDesk worker will be able to assist you.

I logged into Eastern Apps, but I cannot find the "MyHousing Portal". What should I do?
The most common issue related to accessing the MyHousing Portal is the browser you are using. Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox. The MyHousing Portal may not be compatible with Safari or Internet Explorer. 

If you continue to experience access or log in issues, please contact the HelpDesk at 860-465-4346, Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm. 

Annual Housing Contract

Eastern has moved to an annual housing contract. Any student who requests housing for the fall semester (by paying a non-refundable housing deposit, submitting the housing intent survey with the intent to return [for current residents only], or by submitting a housing application), have only until June 30th to cancel your request for housing to be released from the contract. After that date, a student can submit a Housing Contract Cancellation form, which will be reviewed by a committee to determine whether the student will be released from the contact. If a student is not released from their contract, the student will remain assigned to housing for the academic year and all housing charges will apply.More information about the Annual Housing Contract.