Skip to Main Site Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer
Back To Top

Veteran's Certification

Eastern assists veterans in making the transition from their military service to higher education. This is accomplished by staff and veteran students located in two offices within the Wood Support Services Center. Eastern's VA Certifying staff are located in the Office of Financial Aid and can assist veterans with obtaining educational benefits that are available to them under the laws administered by the Veterans Administration, under Connecticut State Statutes, and according to Connecticut State University Board of Regents resolutions. While this office is not part of the United States Veterans Administration, ongoing communication and cooperation with the Veterans Administration is maintained for processing claims and benefit payments. Students interested in using their VA benefits to attend Eastern can apply for benefits at and should contact the Office of Financial Aid for additional assistance with this process as necessary. Our VA Certifying staff are available at (860)-465-5205 or by stopping by the office.

Veterans may be eligible for other types of financial aid including federal, state, and university. Be sure to review the rest of the Financial Aid website and contact us if you have questions.

Eastern also supports veterans through our Veterans Education and Transition Services (VETS) Center. This center is located on the second floor of Wood Support Services Center and is staffed by students who are veterans. For information call at (860) 465-0402.

For additional information regarding the New Forever GI Bill® Benefits, please click here.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available a the official U.S. Government website at