Skip to Main Site Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer
Back To Top

Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)

I am on the autism spectrum. What documentation is needed?

Most students with this diagnosis are able to have records sent from high school. If you were recently diagnosed, please submit your most recent evaluation of your disability. If you are currently seeing a mental health provider (counselor, therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist), please have your provider complete a Documentation of Disability Form, which can be found on the OAS website, under "Forms & Resources."

Additional Guidelines:

  • Submission of a current neuropsychological or psycho-educational assessment is recommended. Instruments for this diagnostic evaluation should include a comprehensive battery and be normed on adult measures, with all subtests and standard scores reported.
  • Indication of how the disability substantially limits major life activities and how these limitations would impact the individual's ability to function in a college environment.
  • Specific recommendations for how the effects of the disorder may be accommodated along with the rationale for each accommodation.
  • The report must be on letterhead, typed, dated, and signed, including the name, title, and professional credentials of the appropriate mental health provider.
  • Documentation should be updated every 3 years.