Skip to Main Site Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer
Back To Top

Learning Disability (LD)

I have a learning disability. What documentation is needed?

Most students with this diagnosis are able to have disability records (evaluations, accommodations plans) sent from high school. If you were recently diagnosed, please submit your most recent evaluation.

Students seeking testing for a learning disability are encouraged to contact UCONN's Psychological Services Clinic ( to discuss options. The Clinic may be contacted at: (860) 486-2642.

Additional Guidelines:

  • Submission of a current neuropsychological or psycho-educational assessment is required. Instruments for this diagnostic evaluation should include a comprehensive battery and be normed on adult measures, with all subtests and standard scores reported.
  • Documentation should indicate how the disability substantially limits major life activities and how these limitations would impact the individual's ability to function in a college environment.
  • Documentation should include recommendations for how the effects of the disorder may be accommodated along with the rationale for each accommodation.
  • Documentation must be on letterhead, typed, dated, and signed, including the name, title, and professional credentials of the appropriate provider.
  • Documentation should be updated every 5 years.