Skip to Main Site Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer
Back To Top

Part-Time, Bachelor of General Studies, and Non-matriculated Students

  • Part-time students ;are ;those that ;register for less than 12 credits a semester.

    Considering taking courses part-time at Eastern? ;

    For information regarding admission as a part-time student at Eastern, please visit the Admissions Office website.

    For more information regarding ;part-time course registration or to set up an appointment with an advisor, ;please contact the Advising Center:

    Phone: (860) 465-4526
  • The Bachelor of General Studies (BGS) is a flexible degree program o­ffered at Eastern and is available to both full-time and part-time students. In order to be eligible for the BGS program, students must have completed 60 or more credits. Upon entry to the BGS program, each student completes a plan of study with a professional advisor. This plan must be submitted and approved by the coordinator of the BGS program and the associated Dean. The student’s proposed plan of study will ensures that all degree and University requirements will be met.

    Degree completion requires 120 credits; a minimum of 30 of these credits must be taken at Eastern. Transfer credits from other colleges and universities can be incorporated into the BGS degree. Credits may be earned through one or a combination of nontraditional learning programs such as CLEP (College Level Examination Program), the DSST testing program, and the American Council on Education (ACE) credits for military training.

    For further information about the BGS program, contact the Advising Center:

    Phone: (860) 465-4526

  • Non-matriculated students are those that take courses without applying to the University, are not associated with a degree program, and register on a part-time basis (less than 12 credits a semester). This option may be suitable for individuals who are non-degree seeking or for those who have not been accepted as a matriculated student.

    Need more information on matriculation status?

    Although it is not required, the Advising Center strongly recommends Part-time and Non-matriculated students meet with an advisor prior to choosing classes to ensure the courses will meet the student's desired educational goals.


    If you decide to enroll as a non-matriculated student, please complete the Part-Time Student Registration Form and return it to the Office of the Registrar, located on the second floor of Wood Support Services.

    Need help selecting a course(s), or want to discuss your options further? Contact the Advising Center:

    Phone: (860) 465-4526