Skip to Main Site Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer
Back To Top

Withdrawal From University

A student may withdraw from the University at any time prior to the end of classes. Such action should be initiated by students in consultation with the Director of the Academic Success Center.

It is in the student’s best interest to follow proper procedures for withdrawal. Most students will, at some point in the future, need verification of their college record in order to apply to another school or for employment. Students who apply for readmission to the University following withdrawal may also need verification of good academic standing at the time of application for readmission. Furthermore, failure to withdraw properly from the University may make it impossible to make refunds or provide recommendations. Financial aid recipients should check the impact of withdrawal on present and future aid at Eastern. Students submit their withdrawal prior to the end of classes and submit their current student identification card to the Academic Success Center – Advising.

In order to withdraw prior to the first day of the semester, students may use their Eastern email and send the following information to

Name, ID Number

Address (Street, City, State, Zip)

Is Spring 2024 your first term at Eastern?

If you were enrolled in Fall 2023 did you live on or off campus?

Reason for withdrawal – Choose from: Transfer, Military, Financial, Employment, Completed

Academic Goals, and Other

decorative edge

Recommended Text for Request:

Jennifer Smith, 10234349

123 East Street, Easterly CT 02020

Spring 2024 is not my first semester

I lived on campus in Fall 2023

Reason: Transfer

Please withdraw me from Eastern effective Spring 2023.

Thank you.

decorative edge

The Registrar’s Office will process your request and respond via your Eastern email.

If for some reason you are unable to access your Eastern email account, you may fill out the Withdrawal From the University Form, print it, sign it and then send it to

In order to withdraw from the University during the semester, please follow the link to find the Undergraduate Withdrawal Form on the Academic Success Center - Advising website.