Skip to Main Site Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer
Back To Top
decorative element

Services Provided

We see students by appointment with the physician, nurse practitioners. There is no cost to be evaluated. If you are ill and do not have an appointment, we will make arrangements to see you as soon as possible. Some laboratory testing and medications are available on site for a small fee. If necessary, we can arrange for diagnostic testing, such as x-rays or more extensive laboratory tests elsewhere, including at Windham Hospital nearby the campus. Our services also include sports and work physicals, pre-travel medical clearance assessments (for students studying abroad), women's health services and more. All visits are confidential. Likewise, all medical records maintained by the Health Service are confidential. No one outside the Health Service staff has access to them, and no one will be given information from them without your written consent. Medical records are kept on file for seven years after you leave Eastern.

Health Education

The Student Health Service is also a wellness resource for students, offering educational and reference materials, programming, and professional consultation to assist in making healthier choices and achieving optimal physical and mental health. The goal is to help you prevent illness.

Allergy Shots

The dose schedule and allergens must be provided through a private allergist. We have a materials charge (syringes, alcohol wipes, etc.) of $15.00 per semester.


We provide the following immunizations*:

  • MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) - $5.00
  • Tetanus/Diphtheria - $27.00
  • Hepatitis B - $35.00
  • TB Skin testing - $15.00
  • Flu Vaccine - We suggest a local pharmacy as there usually is no cost

* Prices are subject to change.

Other Health Resources

  • Students seeking help for a variety of mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, or stress management, or to address a problem with alcohol or other drugs, may be referred to Counseling Services.
  • Students seeking help with physical and learning disabilities, or other challenges, should contact the Office of AccessAbility Services.