Applying for Admission as a First-Time Freshman
How are admission decisions at Eastern made?
Admission to Eastern is competitive. The Admission Committee considers many factors when evaluating applications for admission. The students admitted for the 2016-2017 year:
- Earned an average GPA of 3.1 (4.0 scale)
- The middle 50 percent of admitted students scored:
- Between 1010-1170 on the combined Reading/Writing and Math sections of the New SAT
- Between 19-24 composite on the ACT
- Ranked in the top half of their high school class
- Demonstrated academic success in a solid schedule of college preparatory courses in high school
What about the admission interview?
While interviews are not generally required of students applying for admission, the Admission staff may request an interview with certain applicants to obtain additional information or clarify information. Interested students are strongly encouraged to visit the campus. The Admissions’ information session and campus tour schedule can be found online at: http://www.easternct.edu/admissions/visit-firstyear
How do I apply?
To apply for admission, applicants must submit the following information to the Office of Admissions:
- A completed application for admission, including the non-refundable $50 application fee.
Applying for Fall 2016? Use Eastern’s Online Web Application
- An official secondary school transcript (including first quarter senior grades) and/or General Education Diploma.
- SAT I or ACT scores (Only if you choose to send them; see Test Optional policy).
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a counselor or teacher.
- College transcript(s), if applicable.
- Essay: at least 250 words explaining why Eastern, Connecticut’s public liberal arts university, is the right college choice for you (this is a requirement for Eastern’s online application. If you are applying through the Common App, you may complete and send one of the Common App essays). Essays can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TOEFL (Minimum TOEFL requirement: Score of 550 or 213 on the computer-based test. Required of international applicants only).
Submit admission requirements to:
Office of Admissions
Eastern Connecticut State University
83 Windham Street
Willimantic, CT 06226
Please contact us by phone at (860) 465-5286, by email at email@example.com or by fax at (860) 465-5544.
Eastern Connecticut State University admits students of any age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or non disqualifying handicap to all the rights, privileges, programs and activity generally accorded or made available to students at the University.