Skip to Main Site Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer
Back To Top
decorative element

Pathway to Music Therapy

Students interested in applying to graduate programs in Music Therapy or Expressive Arts Therapy should major in Music (Performance Concentration) and complete a Psychology Minor (optional, but highly recommended).

Students are strongly encouraged to select courses and ensembles that develop proficiency in voice, guitar, and piano. Additional experience in percussion/world percussion might also prove advantageous.

Area schools with graduate programs in Music Therapy or Expressive Arts Therapy include: