Skip to Main Site Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer
Back To Top
decorative element

Frequently Asked Questions

  • You don't have to be admitted to take Continuing Studies and Enhanced Learning classes. Courses are open to adults of all ages. Completion of individual courses does not imply admission into a degree program.

  • You may take up to 11 credits in the Fall or Spring terms as a part-time student.

  • Absolutely. In fact, you are encouraged to talk with an adviser before registering for your first class with Eastern Connecticut State University. Students can call (860) 465-4526 schedule an appointment. If you prefer, you can request a phone advisement appointment. All are welcome to talk to us, regardless of whether you take an Eastern course or not.

  • Before registering for courses, please check the Detailed Class Information page for course prerequisites.

    New students can register for classes by fax or in person. Please visit Registration Information.

  • Depending on the program. The College-Level Examination Program, usually referred to as CLEP, is a national testing program recognized by many colleges including Eastern. CLEP exams are 90-minute multiple choice tests for which you can earn college credits at Eastern and many other schools. DSST exams are similar to the CLEP exams. They were developed for military personnel but are now open to the general public. Exams are offered in a variety of areas including various aspects of business, subjects within social sciences, physical science, and humanities as well as foreign languages. Credit for Lifelong Learning (CLL) is a unique program at Eastern that enables adults, like you, to earn credit for the college-level learning gained through work, volunteer and other experiences.

    • Tuition varies from year to year. Current costs can be found at Eastern's Costs.
    • Part-time students pay a non-refundable registration fee of $40 each term.
    • Also, there may be additional costs such as books. For more information on book prices and availability please contact our campus bookstore at (860) 465-5283 or visit them at Eastern Bookstore
    • EasternOnline students must pay an additional $50 fee.
  • If you have financial need, be sure to ask about an Eastern Continuing Studies Scholarship. Visit Money Matters for more details.

    Contact the Financial Aid office located in the Alvin B. Woods Support Center (Main Campus – Willimantic) at (860) 465-5205 or go to their website: Here you will be able to obtain all information regarding the FAFSA as well as any other questions answered that you may have.

  • Permanent residents of Connecticut who are age 62 or older with positive identification may be entitled to tuition waivers. See The Bursar's Office for more information.

    There is no waiver for the Credit for Lifelong Learning Program fee as the program is non-credit and self-supporting. The fees are used to cover the instructor’s salary.

    There is no waiver of fees for Non-Credit courses.

  • Most credits will transfer if they are from a regionally accredited institution. For more detailed information contact our Admissions Counselor at (860) 465-5286.

  • Yes. As a part-time student, you have access to our career services, library, athletic facilities and other University resources. Your student I.D. also gives you discounts at a variety of local vendors and organizations. Expre$$ Card

  • You must register each vehicle that you will be using on campus with the Department of Public Safety. In order to obtain a parking permit, you must submit an application form along with a copy of your valid vehicle registration; valid driver’s license; and proof of enrollment (valid student I.D. or current
    semester schedule); or employment (valid faculty/staff I.D. or current letter of employment) to the University Police Department. Once this information has been verified, you will be issued the appropriate parking permit.Additional Links: