Harry Singh has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science from the University of Pittsburgh.
Since 2003, he has been a University Assistant, in the Depart of Information Technology Services.
During evening hours and on weekends, Harry helps manage the Information Technology Services’ Academic Computer Labs:
- Webb Hall # 410
- Shafer Hall # 201
- Science Building # 133
- Communication Building # 229
He also helps with the mnaging the University's Macintosh Computers :
- Managing the DeployStudio Server
- Creating Disk Images (dmg format) for Faculty, Personnel,Staff and Academic Labs
- General Hardware/Troubleshooting
In General Harry Contributes to the success of the IT deparment by:
- Assisting students in the lab with the use of hardware and software.
- scanning pictures and documents
- copying content to CDs, DVDs, Flash Drives and Portable Drives
- answering software related questions
- Providing technical support via telephone to students/faculty.
- resetting student account passwords
- answering questions pertaining to computer lab operations
- Supporting Pharos Server printing operations.
- Assisting staff with overseeing and training student workers.
- Assisting staff with ordering/maintaining lab supplies.
- Assisting with ITS department Web pages maintenance.
- Engaging in professional development activities.
- Assisting faculty with developing courses for the University’s Learning
- Management System (Blackboard).
- modifying default template and adding needed WebCT tools
- converting files to appropriate WebCT formats
- uploading course content to the appropriate server