Most of you have had plenty of tips and warnings about personal safety. So instead of boring you with lots of details (which you already know) here are a few refresher tips:
- Keep your doors locked, particularly when you aren’t home.
- Depending on the neighborhood, you may wish to lock your door when you’re home as well.
- Know the location of fire extinguishers and smoke detectors. Make sure the batteries in the smoke detectors are changed regularly.
- Never let anyone into your house who you do not know and trust.
- Keep a list of emergency numbers near a phone or a similar convenient location.
- Discuss safety issues with any roommates you may have. Make sure you’re all on the same page to stay as safe as possible.
- Keep emergency supplies on hand, including gauze, bandages, etc.
- Be informed- Find out if your community has a neighborhood watch program. You may wish to take part in any meetings that the watch group holds.
- Meet your neighbors...look out for them and they will look out for you!