SUOAF Student Fund (criteria)
This fund is to support Eastern Connecticut State University students with financial need. This fund is unrestricted except for criteria set forth below:
- Recipient must be an Eastern student and who is not on academic probation.
- Recipient cannot receive greater than $275 per academic year
- Funds cannot be provided for conferences, unless in the case that the student receiving funds, is presenting at the conference. Furthermore, funds distributed for conference presentations are restricted to one per academic department in non-consecutive years only.
Steps for Faculty when a need is identified:
- Marilynn St. Onge is the point of contact for the disbursement of these emergency funds.
- To initiate the process, the recommending faculty/staff person should email Marilynn and provide the student’s name, ID# and award amount, along with a brief description of what the funds will be used for.
- If funds are being requested for books, please also copy Donna Snell on email.
- Foundation will work with each awardee individually to figure out the most expedient way to disburse the funds.