• EPA's Sector Strategies Program seeks industry-wide environmental gains through innovative actions taken with a number of manufacturing and service sectors. The Sector Strategies point-of-contact is working with College and University Sector Partners to develop sector-specific approaches to assist in advancing the use of environmental management systems, reduce regulatory performance barriers, and measure environmental progress.
• Integrated Pest Management is one of the major strategies for eliminating pesticide use. UConn’s Department of Plant Science Cooperative Extension Program IPM site provides information on UConn’s program, IPM, and links to more information.
• Connecticut DEP Hazardous Waste Sites:
The Bureau of Waste Management is the main page for the department that oversees solid and hazardous wastes. Several sub-pages are available including specific information on Hazardous Waste Management Regulations, Hazardous Waste Determinations/Knowledge of Process Fact Sheet, Universal Waste Rule, Household Hazardous Waste, and Pesticides.
• The Connecticut Dept of Public Health also has a Hazardous Waste Site.
• Soy Ink is one of many possible ways to eliminate toxic chemicals. HERE is a website with information on this option.