- Active memberof SUOAF since its inception
- Steward 25 years representing members in grievances, negotiations and arbitration
- Chair Professional Development Committee 4 years
- Chapter VP 19 years
- Chapter President 2 years
- Executive Board of the Local 6 years
- SUOAF rep to Senate 26 years
- Served on various Senate committees (Curriculum, support Services, Organization, APRC, Executive)
GOALS FOR THE COMING YEAR
In view of the grave economic crisis and the difficult challenges we will face from the legislature, I will be working to support the Local President and the Executive Board to meet these challenges. I am deeply committed to working with everyone to maintain what we have achieved and preserving jobs.
At the same time I will continue, as always, to preserve and enforce the rights and protections in our contract, through all means available.
I appreciate the opportunity I have had to serve members and hope you will give me that opportunity again.
With turbulent financial times and contract negotiations ahead of us it is more important than ever to have an executive board and membership that is energized and working together toward common goals through monthly meetings, regular e-mails, social events, and direct contact with members both new and old. By creating and maintaining a high level of visibility we will:
Sustain positions, salaries, and benefits
Unify the membership
Openly communicate with the membership
Address issues proactively and promptly
Facilitate training and action groups