As part of our comprehensive health and safety program, Haven will address the critical issues of sexual assault, relationship violence and stalking, which impact the lives of many students in college. The Haven program will be divided into two online sessions.
Who is required to complete Haven, and why?
Eastern requires all first time students to complete Haven. Providing all Eastern students with a consistent message about consent and interpersonal violence (dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking) can encourage thoughtful conversations, inspire a shift in behaviors and highlight a campus that values healthy choices.
When is the deadline to complete the program?
Your deadline to complete Part One of Haven is Monday, March 6. Part Two of Haven will be emailed to you with a link about two weeks following your completion of Part One. It is important that you complete Part One.
Spring 2017 Semester and Haven Deadlines
- Complete Part One by Monday, March 6, 2017.
- Complete Part Two by Monday, April 17, 2017.
When I complete Part One, why can’t I access Part Two right away?
You cannot access Part Two until 30 days after you complete Part One.
How do I access the program?
- To Register for Haven go to http://www.everfi.com/register
- Your registration code can be found in an email sent to your official Eastern email address.
- On the registration page, you will be asked for additional information to complete the creation of your account.
- You must use your “@my.easternct.edu” email address. Do not use any other email address besides your Eastern email, as we use this to identify you as a student and track your progress.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a “next” button. Do not log out until you click the “next” button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- To return to Haven, enter in your email and password.
How do I return to the course after I’ve started it?
To return to Haven, go to https://platform.everfi.net/registration/login and then enter your email and password. You may take the course in multiple sittings, but make sure to click on the “next” button after completing a section before logging out. If you do not progress to the next section first, you will have to repeat the previous section.
Who should I contact if I have a disability and need an accommodation?
For students needing audio accommodations, closed captioning is available to turn on in the course. For students requiring visual accommodations, we have transcripts available for Haven that can be read by a wide variety of screen readers. Please email Starsheemar Byrum or call 860-465-4314 for a copy of the transcripts or for any additional assistance.
Will my answers be private?
All survey responses are confidential. Eastern will only receive information about the student body as a whole and never your individual answers as a student.
What else should I know about Haven?
- You must use your @my.easternct.edu email address. Do not use any other email address besides your Eastern email, as we use this to identify you as a student and track your progress.
- An incomplete program will result in serious consequences.
- The first part of the course takes approximately one hour to complete, but can be completed in multiple sittings.
- Do not input your social security number anywhere on the registration page for identification.
What if the Haven module is difficult or triggering?
We recognize that talking about sexual assault can be difficult, and want to acknowledge that some of you may have had pre-college and/or college experiences with sexual assault, dating violence and/or stalking. If taking this module is difficult or triggering for you, please know that there are resources on campus to support you.
If you are a survivor and need to talk before or after taking the module, please see a list of SAIV-RT Members that you can reach out to.
- Starsheemar Byrum, Director of the Unity Wing
- Sexual Assault & Interpersonal Violence Response Team (SAIV-RT)
- Phone: 860-465-4314
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.easternct.edu/saiv
Course Problems and Technical Difficulties
While we don’t anticipate students having any trouble using the site, should you experience any difficulties or require support, use the “help” button to access Haven directly. They can be reached 24 hours a day. You may also call 866-384-9062, Press 2. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Help Site.
Mac Computer Users
If you are using a Mac computer, please use FireFox as your browser. Haven is not compatible with Safari.
Remember that the Haven Online Technical Support Center is not the Eastern Help Desk. Please direct all Haven technical inquiries to the Haven Online Technical Support Center using the contact information above.
*Please note that internet activity can be tracked and stored on the computer system being used. The Escape feature will quickly direct you to another website, but does not remove the history of visiting this site. If you have any concerns, it is recommended that a public computer (such as the library) be used to access this site.