Grade Entry – Final Grades
Final Grades for Fall 2017 1st 5 week and 1st 7 week courses are due no later than 11:59 pm on Thursday, October 19, 2017.
Final grades for Fall 2017 full semester, 1st 10 week, 2nd 7 week and 3rd 5 week courses are due no later than 11:59 pm on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 11:59 pm.
1. Final grades must be entered using e-web services. The Registrar’s Office will not accept any grades submitted using email or paper. There are no exceptions to this policy.
2. A final grade is required for all students listed on your grade entry class roster. You cannot leave the grade entry field blank. A student who does not officially withdraw from your class but has stopped attending or has never attended must receive an appropriate letter grade of F or higher.
3. If the student has earned a grade of F you must now do one of the following or you will not be able to submit your grades for the class:
a. Select “Attended” from the Attend Status drop down if a student has been attending class and has earned the grad of F as a result of their work or lack thereof.
b. Select “Never Attended” from the Attend Status drop down if a student has never shown up for class and has earned the F due to their lack of attendance.
c. Select “Stopped Attending” from the Attend Status drop down if a student was attending your class, but has since stopped attending. Please note that if you select this option you are also required to enter a “Last Attend Date” for this student. If you keep attendance, please use the last date you have recorded of the student’s attendance. If not, please use your best recollection of when the student stopped attending; an estimate is ok.
4. If you click submit prior to entering all of the grades for the course, a pop-up message will appear indicating your grade submission was not successful. After entering the missing grades please click “submit” again. You may return to your roster and change a student’s grade at any time during the final grade entry period. If the grade entry page is closed by backing out or by closing the browser, the grades entered will not be saved.
5. The Incomplete grade is given when students are temporarily unable to fulfill course requirements because of illness (documented) or other verifiable emergency. The instructor identifies with the student the work which the student must complete and the time by which it is to be completed. Incomplete grade changes are due no later than six weeks after the beginning of the first full semester following the granting of the “Incomplete”. The grade change deadline date for Fall 2017 is February 27, 2108. Grade changes must be submitted using a Grade Change form. If grades are not submitted an official grade of “F” is recorded.
6. Students who submitted a course withdrawal form have a W grade indicated.
7. If final grades are not submitted by the deadline they will be recorded as “NR”, not reported. In order to change a grade from “NR” to a letter grade the instructor will need to fill out a Change of Grade form and submit it to the appropriate Dean’s Office for approval. There are no exceptions to this policy.