Majors and Advisors – Declaring and Changing

At least 15 credits in the major must be taken at Eastern.

All students must declare a major by the end of the semester in which they have accumulated 60 credit hours toward graduation (by the end of the sophomore year). Students who have not declared a major, but who have accumulated 60 or more credit hours, may not be permitted to register for classes. Students entering with 60 or more transfer credits must declare a major by the end of their first semester on campus.

Changes in major for full-time students must be submitted first to the chairperson of the academic department responsible for the desired major. An academic advisor will be assigned by the department chairperson. Students changing their status from declared major to undeclared must submit this change with the Academic Services Center – Advising.

Full-time students having no declared major will be classified as undeclared and will be assigned to an advisor by the Academic Services Center – Advising until they identify a major with the academic department of their choice. Part-time students should contact the Academic Services Center – Advising for declarations/changes of major. All part-time students will be assigned the Academic Services Center – Advising as their initial advisor.

Because major programs of study are usually designed to build abilities sequentially and connect with the LAC in different ways, students should select their specific major program early in their career.

Please utilize the following form to change your major, your concentration, and/or your advisor.