Earning Eastern Credits for
Coursework Taken Elsewhere
To obtain credit for courses taken outside of Eastern, students must comply with the following requirements:
• Discuss the courses to be taken with their faculty advisor and obtain required signatures on an Approval to Take Courses Outside of Eastern form.
• Return completed and approved form to the Registrar’s Office.
• Forward an official transcript of final grades to the Registrar’s Office immediately after completion of the course. Electronic transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Courses must be taken at a regionally accredited college/university
• Juniors and Seniors must take courses at a four year institution
Credits for courses taken at other institutions for credit with a grade of “C-” or better may be transferred to Eastern, but not the grade points. Grades in such courses are not computed in the student’s cumulative GPA.
The University reserves the right to determine the validity of courses taken more than seven years prior to application for transfer.
Eastern students who are considering taking courses at other institutions are subject to the University residency requirement.
In order to apply for credit for courses taken outside of Eastern, utilize the Request to Take Courses Outside of Eastern form.