Graduate School Info
Resources about Graduate Program
The APA’s Graduate Study in Psychology book is available for use in the Psychology department for all students interested. The book includes locations for all graduate programs in psychology by area of study, admission rates, and requirements.
The Social Psychology Network website hosts a page that ranks graduate schools; by content area, by geographical location, etc.
Psi Chi has published several articles on applying to graduate school which can be accessed below:
Some General Suggestions to Improve Your Chances of Acceptance in Graduate School
- Do your homework on what programs you might be interested in.
- Prepare for the GRE. Remember: applications for most programs are due in the fall for entrance the following fall. (Both steps one and two should be planned out as early as possible.)
- Join APA and/or APS as a student member.
- Talk to your professors about being a Research Assistant or Teaching Assistant.
- Get practical experience either by doing an internship or present your research from Methods II at a conference.
- The psychology department website also has a timeline and suggestions on getting good letters of recommendation.