Admissions requirements include the following:**
- Baccalaureate degree (BA or BS) from Eastern CT State University in any field.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Completion of prerequisite courses with a grade of B or better in each course
- Two letters of recommendation from recent employer and/or faculty
- Original transcript(s) from any post-secondary institution attended
- All applicants must be interviewed by the ACE admissions committee, who will notify you of your acceptance or denial into the ACE Program.
Students interested in the SCSU-ECSU ACE Program in Nursing must complete a dual admission process at SCSU that can be done while still in the process of completing their initial bachelor degree at Eastern. Six seats in each year’s August ACE cohort are reserved for Eastern graduates who by May of that year meet the specific admission requirements stated above. These applications are considered separately from the open competitive pool of applicants for each year’s August start date of SCSU’s 12-month ACE Program.
- IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR the SCSU-ECSU ACE Program, you must first apply online to SCSU at http://southernct.edu/admissions/applications/ and be accepted for general admission for the spring semester preceding the August start date for that year (e.g., spring 2012 admission to SCSU for August 2012 ACE Cohort start date).
- The second step of the admissions process is to submit the ACE application and all required documentation to SCSU's Department of Nursing. The application will be available online under Southern's nursing website on November 1 and must be submitted by the following January 15 deadline. At the time of January 15 application due date, you must either already hold a bachelor's degree from Eastern OR plan to graduate from Eastern by May of that year (e.g. May 2013 Eastern graduation for August 2013 admission to ACE cohort).