Safety and Health Committee
Eastern has a Safety & Health Committee with members representing a broad cross section of the campus community. Section 31-40v of the Connecticut General Statutes outlines the establishment of safety and health committees and requires that every covered employer administer this group to promote health and safety in places of employment. The purpose of this regulation is to specify rules for establishing and administering committees which will bring employers and employees together in a non-adversarial, cooperative, and effective effort to promote safety and health at each work site.
This committee meets monthly during the academic year to discuss any health or safety matters that come to their attention and makes recommendations or requests to remediate any identified issues.
REMEMBER TO DIAL 911 to address any immediate health or safety matters. Please feel free to contact any of the current committee members to address a campus health or safety concern.
- Lourdes Ardel-Human Resources
- John Bazin-Registrars
- Dominique Cesar-Registrars
- LaMar Coleman-Housing
- Elizabeth Cowles-Biology
- Dave Cummings-Facilities Management & Planning
- Ed Figiela-Facilities Management & Planning
- Jeff Garewski-Public Safety
- Eric Germain-Environmental Health & Safety
- Renee Keech-Facilities Management & Planning
- Jeff Kwolek-Food Services
- Christine McCarthy-Health Services
- Chase Rozelle-Performing Arts
- Paul Serignese-Housing
- Steve Shimchick-Biology
- Claudia Sweetland-Family Center