THERE ARE NO TIMELY WARNINGS IN EFFECT AT THIS TIME!
Please use caution especially when out at night. Always practice safe traveling measures both on and off campus. Walk with a partner whenever you can and let someone know where you are going. As always, be vigilant and watchful of suspicious behavior or individuals on campus and notify Campus Police if you see something occurring that seems to be out of the ordinary.
May 13, 2016
There are currently no crime advisories!
The published parking regulations and map has the most accurate parking information. Eastern’s Department of Public Safety is also the best place to secure parking information. A great number of parking appeals come from students stating they were not aware they could not park in a certain area.
FOR PARKING INFORMATION CALL: 860-465-5502 (55502 FROM CAMPUS) during regular business hours. After hours call the University Police at 860-465-5310 (55310 FROM CAMPUS).
SHAFER HALL RESIDENTIAL PARKING: Both Shafer Hall Lots designated for RESIDENTIAL PARKING (PERMIT REQUIRED). Please park only in designated spaces. Spaces marked for specific use (Handicapped, Facilities, Hall Director, etc.) are reserved as indicated. Please be sure to move vehicles during a parking or snow ban.
PARKING TICKET APPEALS COMMITTEE: Parking Ticket Appeals must be filed within 10 days of receiving a parking ticket in order for the Appeals Committee to review them. 2016-17 committee members represent a wide cross section of the university community including representatives from teaching and administrative faculty, university administration, public safety and student government.
WEEKEND PARKING IN THE WEBB/SCIENCE LOTS: Just a reminder that the Webb/Science (across from High Rise) lots are reserved for faculty/staff at all times.
REMINDER THAT THERE IS NO OVERNIGHT PARKING ALLOWED ON THE 4TH FLOOR OF THE GARAGES DURING THE WINTER MONTHS. (12/1/THRU 3/31)
PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO READ THIS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OUR TWO MOVE-IN DAYS AND HOW THEY WILL AFFECT PARKING ON CAMPUS.
FOR STUDENTS ALREADY ON CAMPUS, FACULTY, STAFF (including Housing Staff).
PARKING BAN-NO PARKING ZONES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED FROM AUGUST 26TH AT 10:00 P.M. THRU AUGUST 28TH 7:00 P.M.!
- A PARKING BAN begins Friday evening, 8/26/16 at 10:00 p.m. and lasts until Sunday, 8/28/16 at 7:00 p.m.
- The ban is for all residential lots and includes housing staff and students.
- After dropping off their property near their residence halls, students should immediately move their vehicles to one of the parking garages.
- Overflow parking if needed is available at the Mansfield Athletic Complex (Ball Field) Lot.
****Residential move-in begins Saturday, August 27th (Freshman & Transfers) and Sunday, August 28th (Upper Class Students). Please follow specific directions from HOUSING on when you should be moving onto campus.****
FOR EVERYONE-CAMPUS ACCESS DURING MOVE-IN
- The Windham St. Extension will be closed for campus entry to facilitate the volume of move in traffic. This is necessary to avoid traffic jams in this area. You may still exit campus using Windham St. Access to campus during move-in will be from both of the High St. entrances only. You may experience minor delays on High St. during the peak periods. We will make every effort to get everyone onto campus as quickly as possible.
FRESHMAN/TRANSFER MOVE-IN PARKING
- There is NO PARKING on the 1st Floor of the Shakespeare Garage on Saturday, August 27, 2014. This area is reserved for families actively unloading items for Freshman/Transfers to move into their residential halls.
- After dropping off items for move-in, families may use both garages (except Shakespeare 1st Floor) to park and then assist their student in their assigned residential hall.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!