None at this time.
Updated February 24, 2014
Thefts from Motor Vehicles
Updated February 14, 2014
While the colder months have seen thefts from motor vehicles tail off, the upcoming warmer weather may trigger an interest in this type of activity again. Please make sure that all valuables are removed from your vehicle or at least placed out of sight.
Anyone seeing suspicious persons anywhere on campus is encouraged to contact the University Police immediately at 860-465-5310. (911 for Emergencies)
Any person(s) who witnessed incidents or have information leading to the identity of suspects are asked to contact the University Police Department at 860-465-5310 or the Confidential Hotline at 860-465-0242 or fill out the confidential form on our web page at http://www.easternct.edu/police/ and click on Campus Safety and then Anonymous Crime Reporting.
The ECSU Police Department encourages you to reduce the chance of break-ins with the following precautions:
- Never leave valuables in plain view even if your vehicle is locked. This is the number one reason vehicles are broken into. Put valuables in the trunk out of sight.
- Remove any loose items and packages from your vehicle and store them in the trunk. You should never store valuables like iPods or a detachable GPS device in your vehicle. Even a visible CD may alert a perpetrator that you have a stereo that’s worth stealing.
- Lock your doors
- Keep windows up
- Be Aware of Your Surroundings
The ECSU Police Department also encourages you to:
- WALK IN WELL-LIT, UNCONCEALED AREAS ON AND OFF CAMPUS AT NIGHT
- NEVER WALK ALONE AT NIGHT
- BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS
- REPORT ALL SUSPICIOUS PERSONS OR ACTIVITY
- CALL 9-1-1 FOR ANY EMERGENCY