Eastern Connecticut State University
Team Blogs
Player Journals
Text Only Version
Eastern's Home Page

Women's Cross Country: Tough Loss

By Ashlee James

Hey all,

We had our home meet Saturday at Mansfield Hollow against Rhode Island College. We were all super-stoked about the amount of supporters who showed up to cheer us through the race. Not only did many of our families show up but also friends, alumni and some of our track & field teammates as well. It was exciting to see alumni showing up to support us and I'm sure I am not only speaking for myself when I say I will be there in future years cheering on my former teammates as an alum.

We weren't really sure what to expect going into this race, except for that we had a better chance at beating RIC this year than we did last year. It turned out that we didn't have quite enough to overtake the rival and lost by only one point. Amanda Quinones led off the team running to a second place finish, followed again by freshmen Katie France (third place) and Alexa Palasky (sixth place). Rounding off the top five were Cora Gingras and Chelsie Lawson. Freshman Haley Smith entered our top 7 for the first time this year, finishing sixth for the team and 13th overall, which was very exciting! Although disappointed by the slim loss, we will all be ready to go and beat RIC at the conference meet in two weeks at Worcester State.

Until then we will work hard this week and then greatly enjoy taper week next week as the workouts get a little easier to rest our legs for the big day at the conference meet.

See you all in two weeks!

Ashlee

March 2012

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Categories