Click 

here or hit the Enter key on your keyboard to go to our Text Only Site. Eastern's Mission   Search  

Denegre Wins U.S. Department of Energy's Science Internship

Written by Danielle Couture

nick denegre 2.jpgWillimantic, CT - - Nicholas Denegre, an environmental earth science major at Eastern Connecticut State University, has been selected to participate in the U.S. Department of Energy's science laboratory internship (SULI)  program at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)  this summer in Washington State.

Denegre will work on a Rooftop Unit (RTU) Network Savings Analysis project, where he will evaluate the operational efficiency of these units, the energy use, carbon emissions and cost savings from various retrofits.

"I understand this will be an intense and challenging experience," said Denegre. "I am thrilled and honored that they selected me and I will have the chance to work with some of the leading scientists in the nation."

Educational opportunities at Eastern propelled Denegre further than he had expected. "By majoring in Environmental Earth Science, I have acquired skills and abilities that can be applied in a compelling approach to my career," said Denegre. "Courses with Professors Fred Loxsom, Catherine Carlson and Timothy Swanson have all provided me with interesting and very useful capabilities that will allow me work with the U.S. Department of Energy."

Upon completion of his project, Denegre will make a presentation on the outcome and complete a research project report. In the future, Denegre hopes to pursue a career working as a professional in the field of sustainable development.

May 2013

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31