Click 

here or hit the Enter key on your keyboard to go to our Text Only Site. Eastern's Mission   Search  

Imna Arroyo Honored by Hispanics in Higher Education

Written by Dwight Bachman

Imna Arroyo pic.jpgWillimantic, Conn: -- Imna Arroyo, CSU professor of printmaking at Eastern Connecticut State University, has been named the recipient of the Outstanding Latino/a Cultural Arts, Fine and Performing Arts Award by the American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHE). The AAHHE presented the award to Arroyo at a special awards luncheon on March 10 during its seventh annual conference in Costa Mesa, CA.

Arroyo was selected by a panel of experts in higher education, based on her  sustained contributions to greater understanding of the Hispanic community and culture through the arts. "I want to express my deepest appreciation to the American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education," said Arroyo. "This recognition of my work is not just for me alone. It is a celebration of the kindness and vision of those who have helped to bring me to this moment. This moment is a re-affirmation of the powerful African adage: 'I am because we are. We are because I am.'"

AAHHE is a national, educational, IRS-approved 501(c)3, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of higher education. It works collaboratively with all sectors of education, business, industry, as well as community and professional organizations, to enhance the educational aspirations and to meet the professional growth needs of a significantly increasing Hispanic population.

April 2012

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30