Click 

here or hit the Enter key on your keyboard to go to our Text Only Site. Eastern's Mission   Search  

Eastern to Present Phoenix New Play Series

Written by Kate Harner

Willimantic, Conn. - Eastern Connecticut State University's Performing Arts Department will present the play "Ring Around the Bottle" as part of the Phoenix New Play Series at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 8 in the Student Center Theatre. The public is invited. Admission is free.

This year's play is written by Nicole Ball, a senior English major from Danbury. "Ring Around the Bottle" focuses on Kelly, a woman who is dealing with the death of her alcoholic best friend, John. Her husband encourages her to go to therapy in order to deal with the trauma. Through her sessions, she relates to the audience the story behind John's addiction as well as their relationship.

"I'm excited that my play is being performed in this staged reading," said Ball. "I've spent a lot of time working on it in my playwriting class, as well as during my free time. I feel that having my play performed is a representation of my liberal arts education because it combines the fields of writing and acting. If I had gone to another school, I may not have received this opportunity."

Sarah Paprocki, a junior theatre major from Norwich, is the director of the play. Ben Friedman, a senior communication and theatre major from Bristol, is the assistant director. The cast includes Kelsey Guggenheim, a sophomore theatre major from Stratford; Chad Dominique, a sophomore theatre major from Willington; Shannon Erwin, a senior social work major from Unionville; Ian Burke, a junior English major from Ellington; Melissa DiPasquale, a sophomore theatre major from Meriden; Jennifer Phipps, a music major from Meriden; Sarah Dillon, a senior theatre major from Willimantic; and Paul Lietz, a junior theatre major from Somers.

The Phoenix New Play Series are rehearsed readings of new plays. A question-and-answer period will follow the readings.For more information, contact the Drama Society at dramasociety@my.easternct.edu.

December 2011

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31