Center for Internships and Career Development

Joshua Stark

joshua.JPGInternship Profile

Joshua Stark

Expected Graduation Date: Fall 2013

Major: Business Administration

Internship Employer: U.S. Department of Commerce

Internship Title: Intern

Joshua Stark is a Business Administration major at Eastern Connecticut State University. Joshua learned of his internship at a career fair called "Heroes for Hire." Joshua started his internship at the U.S. Department of Commerce during the Fall of 2012.  "As a business major, a position at the U.S. Department of Commerce was a step closer toward my career goals" says Joshua.  Joshua says "I was looking for an internship where I could capitalize on what I had learned at the university and wanted an internship that would give me more insight into the professional business world. I was interested in an internship that would give me responsibility and challenge me on a daily basis" The internship at the U.S. Department of Commerce proved to do just that.  Stark utilized what he had learned at Eastern as well as learn new aspects such as the importance of exports in the local economy and marketing materials for trade.  Stark also learned how to navigate a vast number of databases used by the U.S. Department of Commerce.  It was a challenge according to Stark, but nothing he couldn't handle.   Joshua plans on working for the U.S. Department of Commerce in the near future. For those seeking an internship, Joshua offers some advice.  "Don't get discouraged when searching for an internship, there are a number of companies and organizations in Connecticut looking for motivated students to work for them. Also, take advantage of every networking opportunity that you can". 

Story by: Reginald Boahe 

University
Calendar of Events

Connecticut’s Public Liberal Arts University
83 Windham Street, Willimantic, Connecticut 06226 USA | Phone Number: (860) 465-5000
Contact Us | Directions | University Disclaimer | Eastern Home