Center for Internships and Career Development

Alex Bogle

BogleA.JPGAlex Bogle is an Economics major and Business Information Systems minor who is anxious to succeed! Alex is also an RA for Nutmeg and is Vice President of Operations for the Eastern Connecticut State University student chapter of Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP). Alex has worked three internships in the past which include Natchaug Hospital, INROADS and Metlife. His most recent internship is at Cigna. Cigna is a health insurance company that offers valuable internship experience to students at Eastern's campus.

Alex is an Application Developer Intern. As an Application Developer, Alex must keep up with web maintenance of Cigna.com by updating logos and layouts of the website as well as changing/editing and adding text. Alex also builds job applications, organizes files and maintains database architecture. Most recently Alex built a website for Prudential with fellow Eastern student AJ Brisson. Alex works with six other Eastern interns. "We all get along very well. It's good that we are a small group, we work cohesively. We all have strengths in different areas."

Alex occasionally meets with Career Services staff for advice. Alex thanks Cliff Marrett, Interim Director for the help he has received. "I feel like I got where I am today because of Cliff. He helped me get in at INROADS which helped me get a position at Metlife."

Alex also owes his thanks to his mentor, Emmanuel Twom. "I think I created a great network. How all this got started was through meeting my mentor, Emmanuel. He is a Systems Analyst for New River Systems in D.C. and is very successful at a young age. I met him at a Career Fair in New Jersey. We started discussing the future and I told him I wanted to be a project manager. He sat down with me and discussed my resume and told me I could do it. He also helped me with mock interviews. Emmanuel is my motivator. Someday I would like to be as successful as him."

Alex has advice for students in regards to internships, "if the internship is in a field that you are really passionate about go for it, even if it is paid or unpaid. You have choices. Everything will fall into place."

Congratulations on your multiple successes Alex! Good luck with future endeavors!

Story Submitted By: Stacey Elizabeth Sankow

University
Calendar of Events

Connecticut’s Public Liberal Arts University
83 Windham Street, Willimantic, Connecticut 06226 USA | Phone Number: (860) 465-5000
Contact Us | Directions | University Disclaimer | Eastern Home