Center for Internships and Career Development

Brian Ronan

RonanB.jpgBrian Ronan is a Business Administration major with a concentration in Marketing. Brian will be graduating in May 2012 and has already started his road to success.

Over the summer, Brian interned at RMI Corporation. RMI offers software and support for businesses that rent, sell and service equipment. The CEO of RMI Corporation was an adjunct professor at Eastern who Brian took accounting class with, so he was familiar with the company. At RMI Brian was able to work with a staff of students from Eastern as well as alumni. Brian's tasks while interning included database entry, finding new contacts, and sales. Initially Brian only did database entry until he spoke with the CEO and expressed his desire to learn more.

Brian found the internship with help from Clifford Marrett, Interim Director and Lana Pontbriant, Administrative Assistant, at Career Services. Brian brought his resume to Career Services junior year, where he was shown how to use Experience.com. Career counselors helped Brian build his resume and guided Brian with practice interviews. "Everything happened so quickly! One week I'm walking into Career Services with hopes of finding an internship. The next week I'm emailing different companies and a week later I was hired!"

Brian has advice for students looking for an internship:

"Do it. Just do it. I learned so much. At first I had low expectations because finding an internship is required for my major; I felt like I wouldn't learn anything. I was wrong. By the time I was finished with my internship I realized how valuable the experience was. It is reassuring to know that I have had real job experience before I graduate, it prepares me for the future."

Congratulations on your success Brian!

Story Submitted By Stacey Elizabeth Sankow

University
Calendar of Events

Connecticut’s Public Liberal Arts University
83 Windham Street, Willimantic, Connecticut 06226 USA | Phone Number: (860) 465-5000
Contact Us | Directions | University Disclaimer | Eastern Home