Center for Internships and Career Development

Ogo Chukwuogor

OGO.JPG

Graduating senior Ogo Chukwuogor has been taking positive steps towards her career and future since day one. For the accounting major, who is presently the President of the Institute of Management Accountants Club and an SGA Senator, the future has never looked so bright.

"I have been visiting career services since my freshman year. They helped me create a great resume and improved my interview and interpersonal skills. Before I interviewed for this Job, I spoke with Courtney and had a mock interview with her. She told me what to add or remove from my responses to interview questions.  I visit career services at least once every semester to get help with updating my resume and to brush up on my networking skills." Ogo's persistence and commitment, her previous internship with The Town of Windham, and interview skills acquired from Career Services is what helped her to land employment as an Audit and Assurance Associate for PricewaterhouseCoopers. There she works with a team that audits companies as well as helps organizations and individuals make financial decisions. Although there are many skills necessary to fulfill the demands of any job, for PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ogo says, "Interpersonal skills is the most important", as well as, "attention to details and good math skills."

Ogo advises, "Every student should visit career services throughout their stay at Eastern. From your first resume as a freshman to the internship period as a sophomore or Junior and finally to your full time job search senior year, career services will help you a lot in making the transitions. They personalize career counseling and take it to a whole new level!!"

Congratulations Ogo! Career Services wishes you the best!

Interview conducted bt Career Services Intern Milan Sands

University
Calendar of Events

Connecticut’s Public Liberal Arts University
83 Windham Street, Willimantic, Connecticut 06226 USA | Phone Number: (860) 465-5000
Contact Us | Directions | University Disclaimer | Eastern Home