Center for Internships and Career Development

AnnMarie Clarke

Thumbnail image for AnnMariePic.jpgSenior AnnMarie Clarke has been a hard-working student from the get-go. Majoring in both business and communications, her four years at ECSU certainly haven't been an easy ride. "I originally started off with business as I took a lot of business in high school," said Clarke. "Then I took a communication's class in my freshman year as an LAC requirement and I just fell in love with it from there."

In the last few months, AnnMarie has searched out two internships, one for business and one for communications. Her first internship came last summer working for Aflac insurance company, which she found through a career fair held at Eastern. Being a requirement for all communications majors to take part in an internship in the communications field, AnnMarie began pursuing a second internship, this time in the media. After having a difficult time in her search, AnnMarie decided to make use of Career Services. Finally, with the helpful information that Career Services had given her, AnnMarie obtained a position with the popular Willimantic radio station WILI.

Not a newcomer to the Career Services office, AnnMarie is pleased with all the assistance that Career Services has given her. "I have been attending almost every event that Career Services has put on since my sophomore year," she said. "I always send them copies of my resume and do mock interviews. They throw the tough questions at me so I'm aware of what could be asked."

Good luck in your future internship AnnMarie!

Interview conducted by Career Services intern, Kyle St. Jean

University
Calendar of Events

Connecticut’s Public Liberal Arts University
83 Windham Street, Willimantic, Connecticut 06226 USA | Phone Number: (860) 465-5000
Contact Us | Directions | University Disclaimer | Eastern Home