Multimedia Classroom Equipment Operation Guide
For assistance please call HELP Desk @5-4346 or email HELPDESK@easternct.edu
- If projector lamp is off, press DISPLAY POWER button on console controller panel.
- ON button will flash (approx. 30 seconds) while projector lamp is warming. (During this time you will be locked out
from making any other selections)
- To turn projector off, press OFF button. Projector cooling cycle will take 90 seconds.
Computer (inside lectern)
- Press PC power button if indicator light is off
- Type your Eastern LOGIN name/password.
- DVD/VCR remote control located in or on console.
- Press power on button.
- Adjust camera armature and lights as necessary.
- Press ZOOM button to resize image.
- Press AUTOFOCUS button to focus item.
- On some models, the ZOOM and FOCUS buttons are also located on the camera body.
- Press Upper Lights or Lower Lights button to achieve best image quality.
- On some models there is an Iris control for adjusting brightness of the image.
Document Camera – Science Building Labs
- Press red power button to turn document camera on.
- For a larger image, position camera head closer to source.
- Press white Focus buttons on side of camera to focus image.
Source Switcher (computer, document camera, DVD/VCR)
- Once the “ON” button stops flashing you can select the source you want to project.
- To switch between sources, press one of the selector buttons on the control panel.
- Some switchers have a Auto Image” button which should be pressed after connecting a device such as a laptop to the VGA cable.
- Some switchers have an “AV Mute” button which can be pressed to temporarily “black out” the projector image.
- If you are playing a DVD in the console’s PC rather than the standalone DVD player, be sure that the PC button is
- Turn volume control to adjust video/computer audio volume to speakers.
* Computer audio volume may also have to be adjusted or unmuted using the Windows operating system volume control.
Laptop Computer Connection
- Attach VGA and mini-audio cable located on console to VGA and audio ports of laptop.
- Newer consoles also have an HDMI(male) cable for connecting newer laptops, tablets and mobile devices. Some devices will require user provided adaptors for connecting this HDMI cable.
- Attach personal network cable to data jack or use network cable provided in the console’s cable compartment.
- Select LAPTOP or HDMI source button on switcher.
- Logoff your Eastern account by clicking the windows “Start” button and “Log Off”.
- Please do not shut down or power off the computer.
- Shut off data projector after each use by holding down DISPLAY OFF button
- Please remove any personal items from consoles.
- Please do tamper with cable connections in consoles.