MAT 135 – Math for Liberal Arts Resources
MAT 135 Course Description
Mathematics will be applied to solving practical problems in a variety of disciplines. Mathematical topics include voting theory and financial mathematics.Additional topics may include management science, statistics and population growth models.This course is for non-STEM disciplines only and thus cannot be used to satisfy the Precalculus Mathematics Plus (MAT 155P) or Precalculus Mathematics (MAT 155) prerequisite for Calculus I with Technology (MAT 243).
Course Pre-requisite: Placement at this level
Credits: 3 (all of which count towards graduation)
Links to Videos
- Liberal Arts Topics provides videos and notes on some of the application topics covered in our math course.
- Statistics Videos
Graphing Calculator Information
This area provides you with assistance with using your graphing calculator.
Math in the Real World
Math is used throughout the world in both STEM and non-STEM disciplines. The following are links to formulas used in various disciplines.
- Accounting Formulas 1
- Accounting Formulas 2
- Economics Formulas 1
- Economics Formulas 2
- Mathematics in Sports
- Nursing 1
- Nursing 2
- Physical Science Tables Formulas and Equations
- Physics Formulas
- The Social Security Benefit Formula
- We Use Math
- GeoGebra is an interactive algebra, geometry and calculus application.
- Maxima is a computer algebra system.
- WolframAlpha is an online service that answers factual inquiries directly by computing the answer.