Replacing Your I-20 or DS 2019

Replacing your I-20 or DS-2019


Dr. Petoskey can issue a replacement I-20 or DS-2019 if yours is lost, damaged, or stolen. Reprinted I-20s and DS-2019s are tracked in SEVIS by the Department of Homeland Security, so you should request a replacement only if your I-20 or DS-2019 has been lost, stolen, or damaged.
The Study Abroad office will not print replacement documents for the purpose of travel only. If you exit the U.S. and realize you forgot to obtain a travel signature prior to departure, you must mail your current I-20 or DS-2019 to Dr. Petoskey, 83 Windham Street, Room 100D Woods Support Services 06226 Willimantic, CT. to be signed for travel.

Procedure for Requesting a Replacement I-20/DS-2019

1. To replace a lost, stolen, or damaged I-20 or DS-2019, request a replacement from the Study Abroad office.
2. You will receive an email from either the email or Dr. Petoskey, when your document is ready for pick up.
The new replacement document will be your official I-20 or DS-2019. It will not have a stamp on the front page because that stamp can only be issued by an immigration official. The next time you travel into the U.S. a Customs and Border Protection Officer will stamp your I-20 or DS-2019, notating your F-1 or J-1 admission.

Procedure for Requesting a New Passport or I-94 Card

• Passport replacement: contact your country’s consulate. Please note they may require a police report if your passport was stolen.
• I-94 card replacement: if you entered the U.S. on or after April 30, 2011, you can print your I-94 record at If your last entry to the U.S. was prior to April 30, 2011, contact Dr. Petoskey for more information.
• If any of your documents were stolen, you should report the theft to the local police and obtain a copy of the police report.