- International Students must make sure they do not engage in any form of illegal (unauthorized) job because there is a severe punishment for anyone cut in this act.
- International Students should visit the International Student Office to fill all the necessary paperwork before starting any job.
- You must be enrolled as a full time student before qualifying for a job on campus
- Apply for the position either online or in person at the Student Employment Office (Wood Support Service, 1st Floor near the Financial Aid Office)
- The Student can work on campus not more than 20 hours per week when school is in session and full time during vacation.
- However, you are required to fill all the required paperwork for job authorization before working
- International Student must receive the permission of the J-1 program sponsor before starting the work
- The Student can work on campus not more than 20 hours per week when school is in session or full time during vacation.
F-1 OPT (Optional Practical Training)
OPT is a temporary job authorization that permits F-1 students to receive opportunity to gain practical work experience applying the knowledge gained in the classroom.
- Students must be maintain F-1 status at the time of application
- They must choose to work in areas related to their major
- Most international student are eligible to apply for OPT which is 12months
- You can choose to use you OPT during your program of study or after your program of study.
- However, it is highly recommended for students to wait till after graduation to work.
- Students who choose Post-completion employment must be full-time (at least 20 hours per week).
F-1 CPT (Critical Practical Training)
CPT is a job opportunity that is open for international students (F-1) who is required to do practical training employments for academic purpose.
- The student is highly encouraged to visit the International Student office to fill the CPT request form before the start date.
- It is usually an internship or practicum which is required of the student for graduation.
- The student will only receive a credit after completing CPT program.