Change of Address

Change of Address


Federal regulations require you to notify Immigration of your address in the United States within ten days of any change. You must have both a local and permanent address on file with the Study Abroad office. “Local address” refers to your address in the Connecticut area. “Permanent address” refers to an address outside the U.S. The update procedures vary depending on your situation.

F-1 Students

Address Update: Update your local Connecticut address by filling out the Change of Address form. Immigration will automatically be notified. Please email the change of address form to or bring it to the study abroad office.

J-1 Students

Permanent/Local Address Update: To update your permanent address, email the address to and include your name and student ID number.
If your DS-2019 was issued by an organization other than ECSU, contact your program sponsor to update your address.