Job Opportunities: Part Time Faculty and University Assistant
- Part Time Faculty in Middle East Politics
- University Assistant – Employer Developer
- University Assistant – Web Designer
Part Time Faculty in Middle East Politics
Department of Political Science, Philosophy and Geography
The political science program needs someone to teach a course in Middle East Politics in Spring 2018. MA or PhD in political science is required. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and vita to Nicole Krassas, Chair, Department of Political Science, Philosophy and Geography, ECSU, firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Assistant – Employer Developer
(19 hours per week, no benefits)
Employer Developer, under the supervision of the Director of the Center for Internships and Career Development, will support the career center initiatives by expanding internship, Co-op and employment opportunities for all students and alumni and lead projects that result in increased activity in employer engagement.
- Develop and direct the On-Campus Recruiting Program and plan and execute events to support on-campus recruiting initiatives.
- Provide comprehensive oversight of employer outreach activities, including the cultivation of employer relationships in industries related to majors at Eastern Connecticut State University.
- Conduct in-person visits with employers, both at their work site or on-campus, or via phone and through the use of technology; to increase employer engagement and participation.
- Coordinate networking events, internship, Co-ops jobs and graduate school recruitment activities and other programs or services that provide opportunities for students and alumni to connect with employers.
- Develop and maintain a network of employer contacts for, internships, Co-op and job leads that include other career-related professional opportunities such as job- shadowing and networking.
- Responsible for sharing opportunities with career center staff and appropriate departments, faculty, staff, students and alumni.
- Attend community events and networking functions as well as partner with local organizations such as the local chambers of commerce, job centers, workforce investments board, to develop employment opportunities and employer engagement.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree. Experience: Three to five years of experience ideally in career services, job development, sales, human resources/recruiting or staffing. Experience performing employer outreach or working in a recruiting or staffing environment. Specific Skills: Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with ability to build effective relationships/partnerships. High level of competency in developing and delivering presentations and in conducting research in workforce industry related trends. Outgoing and comfortable interacting with employers and other constituents. Ability to work in a team environment and with diverse populations.
Experience utilizing technology. Must be knowledgeable about using social media tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 references to Lana O’Connor, Center for Internships and Career Development, Eastern Connecticut State University, 83 Windham Street, Willimantic, CT 06226.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Electronic submissions are accepted and encouraged (email@example.com).
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
PART-TIME WEB DESIGNER (19 HRS/WK)
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Director of University Relations, the Web Designer (University Assistant) designs and creates web pages, develops web applications as needed, tests them, and works with client departments and the Information Technology Services department to publish them to Eastern’s website. Creates design templates as necessary for use by academic and administrative departments. Complies with national accessibility standards. Keeps up-to-date with web technology. Provides technical assistance to departments.
Term: This position starts as soon as possible. Subject to budget availability and the needs of the University, it can be renewed each year.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume, up to three examples of websites you have worked on, and the names of three references to: Mr. Edward Osborn, Office of University Relations, Eastern Connecticut State University, 83 Windham Street, Willimantic, CT 06226. Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Eastern Connecticut State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Stacey Close, Associate Vice President for Equity and Diversity, 860-465-5791, firstname.lastname@example.org.