Job Opportunities: Administrative Positions
- Associate Director of Health Services: Nurse Practitioner
- PC Maintenance Technician
- Assistant Director of Admissions
Associate Director of Health Services: Nurse Practitioner
The Division of Student Affairs at Eastern Connecticut State University is seeking a dynamic Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) to join our college community. Reporting to the Director of Health Services this position will deliver high quality healthcare to our students. This is a full-time 12-month position.
Responsibilities and duties:
Provide direct patient care for Eastern students including wellness care, care of acute illnesses, treatment of injuries and chronic health conditions. Independently evaluate and manage patient care through assessment, diagnosis, diagnostic testing, appropriate treatment, and follow up within the scope of state licensure. Collaborate with and refer to other healthcare professionals for the care of the patient when indicated. Document findings and maintain confidentiality and privacy of patients’ protected health information according to FERPA and HIPAA guidelines. Provide safe, effective, and fiscally responsible care for the patient, department, and the organization.
Current license as a registered nurse, RN, in the State of Connecticut
Completion of a Nurse Practitioner program with a concentration in Adult and/or Family Practice
Current national certification as a Nurse Practitioner by an approved board
Licensure as an APRN (Nurse Practitioner) in the State of Connecticut
Current advanced CPR certification for the healthcare professional
Experience with college age population and/or experience in a college setting.
Background in a preventative health care of wellness promotion.
Understanding of and experience with health issues likely to affect a diverse population of university students, including women’s health.
Clinical experience in urgent care, primary care, college health, family practice or acute care.
Experience with administrative aspects of a health care practice.
Submit a resume and cover letter with three reference letters to Christine McCarthy, Eastern Connecticut State University, Student Health Service,185 Birch Street, Willimantic, CT 06226; or to email@example.com
PC Maintenance Technician
The Information Technology Services Department at Eastern Connecticut State University is seeking qualified candidates to fill the PC Maintenance Technician position.
The PC Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the day-to-day management of desktop workstations and assists with servers. This includes setting up and troubleshooting hardware, installing/configuring desktop software and assisting in the administering of file shares, print shares, and application software on networked servers.
The PC Maintenance Technician will also be responsible for systems management staff with monitoring, scheduling, maintenance, and problem resolution for computer systems. This includes assistance with desktop operating systems, security authorizations and access controls, and desktop network configurations.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field. Two years of experience with Intel-based PC’s, Apple support, and servers in a complex networked environment required. Working knowledge of the following is also required: networking concepts (TCP/IP); desktop computer hardware and software; Windows, and programming (HTML, Visual BASIC, C++, shell scripting, etc.). Demonstrated technical support of Windows and Apple operating systems including Windows SCCM and Apple Jamf Composer preferred.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and contact information of three references to ITSsearch@easternct.edu
Eastern Connecticut State University
Job Description for
PC Maintenance Technician
|Position Description Summary: Provides technical support to the University in the installation, maintenance, and repair of computer systems and campus computer networks.|
Job Duties Statements:
|1||Diagnoses and performs routine repairs or arranges for vendor repair, as appropriate, of all on-campus microcomputers, terminals, network components, telephone lines and other workstations at the University.|
|2||Installs and maintains personal computers, workstations, networking equipment and related technology.|
|3||Maintains the database for a variety of software programs used to operate campus data networks and maintain repair records. Diagnoses and corrects problems with the electronics relating to the network and to the network’s software.|
|4||Diagnoses and performs routine repairs of malfunctions in microcomputer/central computer interfaces.|
|5||Trains and supervises student and other part-time employees to assist with problem resolution and repair.|
|6||Prepares orders and maintains inventory control of parts and supplies related to computer repair.|
|7||May supervise the preparation, shipping and tracking of equipment sent for outside vendor repair. Ensures that appropriate documents and records are completed to authorize repair.|
|8||May be called upon occasionally during off-hours to handle special problems.|
|9||Provides operations assistance in the computer center as assigned by the Director.|
|10||Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic lever of responsibility of the problem.|
Education – List the minimum educational requirements that are necessary to perform.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related area, such as MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer).
Work Experience – List the minimum work experience necessary to perform the tasks of the position. Specify the type of work experience necessary and the number of years required.
- Three years of experience in a similar position which includes diagnosis, repair, and installation of desktop computers (Mac and PC) and associated software and hardware, and interaction with computer users regarding similar issues.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Traits (KSAOs) – List any minimum requirements for the positions, such as aptitudes, personality traits, licenses, etc.
- Experience in networking and telecommunications as well as prior training in desktop repair by major manufacturers preferred.
These requirements may be waived for individuals with alternate experience.
Assistant Director of Admissions
Under the supervision of the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management, the Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for all aspects and phases of the marketing and recruiting of qualified high school students. This position will focus on the recruitment and enrollment of highly qualified students to ensure the university meets enrollment targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase the number of students high-achieving enrolling at the University through targeted outreach events, implementation and monitoring of marketing and advertising campaigns, and development of successful relationships with high school personnel.
- Assist in the development and implementation of comprehensive recruitment plan to increase applications and enrollment and help ensure Eastern recruits and enrolls a diverse student body.
- Promote the University to prospective students, guidance counselors, and parents through presentations, meetings, interviews, in-person visits, correspondence, and web-based communications.
- Conduct recruitment, planning and application review for designated geographic region(s) based on institutional goals.
- Engage in travel to recruit students.
- Conduct timely follow-up on inquiries and applicants generated as a result of recruitment efforts.
- Manage internal and external relationships with faculty, counselors, prospective students and families, current students, university administrators, and high school counselors.
Requirements and Qualifications A Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master’s Degree Preferred. Minimum of three years’ experience in higher education environment required in a productive, proactive, high volume Admissions/Enrollment Management Office. Knowledge of student markets and recruiting/marketing skills. Excellent verbal, written communication, and organizational skills as well as demonstrated commitment to diversity required. Ability to articulate of the aims and benefits of a liberal arts education. Position requires extensive travel and working night and weekend as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be service- and team-oriented, positive and proactive.
- Analytical ability, strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work on multiple projects effectively and simultaneously.
- Knowledge of standard office software applications.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Apply: Email a cover letter and resume with three references to:
Jeffrey Buskey, Associate Director of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: Assistant Director Search
Eastern Connecticut State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Stacey Close, Associate Vice President for Equity and Diversity, 860-465-5791, email@example.com.