Resident Assistant Selection
The RA position offers new and exciting advancements in leadership, communication, counseling and public service skills.
As the largest staff on Eastern’s campus we work together to create an inclusive, supportive and fun community to pair with a student’s academic goals.
By becoming a Resident Assistant you are commit to engage your residents in the once-in-a-lifetime experience of on-campus living.
Requirements to apply
- 2.7 minimum GPA or no GPA listed (December 26 for Spring hires)
- At time of hire and through employment cumulative GPA must be a 2.7
- 24 credit hours by July 1 (December 26 for Spring hires)
- Be in good judicial standing (no active housing or judicial probation during application period)
- Participate in Summer (2 weeks) and Winter (1 week) RA Training
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Minimal Night and Weekend Commitments
- Biweekly stipend
- Free room and board
- Opportunity to participate in professional development workshops
- Networking opportunities both on and off campus
- Put on 6 different programs per semester
- Create monthly educational bulletin boards
- Create a community throughout your floor, building and community
- Maintain positive attitude while acting as a mentor for students
Located in Student Center Theater February 10, 2017
February 13 – 21, 2017