Eastern Connecticut State University
Office of
Housing and Residential Life
Text Only Version
Eastern's Home Page

Home > Administration > Housing & Residential Life

Paying the Non-Refundable $250 Housing Deposit

You can pay the Housing Deposit at the Bursar’s office on the 1st floor of Wood Support Services.  You may also pay the deposit online using various methods such as bank account transfer, debit, and credit cards (including Visa) by using the online payment instructions below. The housing deposit is not subject to credit card transaction fees. The Housing office will not accept housing deposit payments. 

Housing Deposit Payment Instructions

*Note: Only the full $250 amount can be paid online via the instructions below. Partial payments or approved deposit payment plans must be paid at the Bursar's office on the 1st floor of Wood Support Service. The Housing Office does not accept deposit payments.

- Go to the Eastern Student Portal:  http://www.easternct.edu/portal/
- Log into "eWeb Online"
- Click the “Personal Information” tab
- Click the “Make Payments, View Account Activity & Statements” link
- Click the “Deposits” tab at the top of the page
- Choose the correct semester and year & Housing Deposit
- Click the “Make Deposit Payment” button

Note: All incoming First Year and Transfer students must also pay the $200 Tuition Deposit at the time the housing deposit is paid.


Annual Housing Contract

Effective immediately for the 2013-2014 academic year, Eastern in moving to an annual housing contract. Any student who requests housing for the fall semester (by paying a non-refundable housing deposit, submitting the housing intent survey with the intent to return [for current residents only], or by submitting a housing application), have only until May 31, 2013 to cancel your request for housing to be released from the contract. After that date, a student can submit a Housing Withdrawal Form, which will be reviewed by a committee to determine whether the student will be let out of the contact. If a student is not released from their contract, the student will remain assigned to housing for the academic year and all housing charges will apply. Click here for more information.