History Alumna Christine Geer reports from grad school in Boston

We are pleased to hear from History/Social Science major and recent graduate Christine Geer, who was a recipient of the Outstanding History/Social Science Student award for 2015, as well as a member of Phi Alpha Theta. Christine is now pursuing a graduate degree in public health, her minor at Eastern, at Boston University. She writes that she enjoys both BU and living in the big city. Christine credits her academic success in graduate school to the academic rigor of the Eastern history program; she writes:

“I have to say how much I think my degree in history & social sciences is helping me. I’m taking a policy course and a behavioral theory course, and I think I am much better prepared than some other students who did not come from this background.  All of the practice with researching and writing has paid off, too! Admittedly, though, I am thankful to take a break from Chicago Style citations (ha-ha). I believe I might be the only teacher in the program, so that gives me a unique perspective and skill-set, also.”

Thanks, Christine, for keeping in touch!