History Alumna Saundra Catalina working for Habitat for Humanity

Saundra Catalina has recently updated us on her career following her graduation from Eastern with a History/Social Science degree. In an email addressed to Dr. Kirchmann, Saundra wrote: “Right after graduating I did a couple of years of AmeriCorps with Habitat for Humanity. Some of my assignments were behind the scenes event planning, fundraising, and creating new volunteer programs. After that I did construction for a couple of years with Habitat in Washington, D.C leading volunteers on site and in my spare time working with the office staff to increase our connection to the communities we were building in. I moved to Denver, Colorado about a year and a half ago as an Assistant Manager of one of Denver’s Habitat for Humanity ReStores (if you haven’t been to one it’s like a Home Depot thrift store that raises funds for Habitat).  Just two weeks ago I was promoted to Manager of one of our ReStores here in Denver. My goal is mostly to gain experience managing others.  I’m looking forward to learning a lot from this new position.” Congratulations, Saundra, and please keep in touch!