Applying for Graduate Admission
The Graduate Council encourages interested students to complete the admission process. The following reflects the minimum requirements necessary for admission to the Graduate Division:
If you are applying for a degree program, please submit the following forms/documentation with your application:
- Applicants applying for admission to a graduate program leading to a master’s of science degree must have earned at bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution. Applicants pursuing sixth-year teacher certification must have earned a master’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution.
- Applicants must demonstrate appropriate academic background for the program in which graduate study will be done. In general, the minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average necessary for admission into a master’s degree program is 2.7 based on a 4.0 scale.
- Recommendation of the Dean of the Graduate Division. Specific graduate programs may have higher admission standards or stipulate that additional requirements be met. Applicants are encouraged to contact the Dean of the Graduate Division for detailed information.
- A completed application for admission. Apply Online
- Official college transcript(s) from all previously-attended colleges/universities.
Applicants admitted as non-degree seeking students are restricted to a total of nine (9) graduate credits. International students are not eligible for non-degree status. Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid.
Although the Graduate Division has a rolling admission process, applicants are encouraged to complete the application process at least six weeks prior to the start of the semester in order to ensure ample time for review and notification.
Submit admission requirements to:
Office of Admissions and Enrollment Management
Attention: Graduate Admissions
Eastern Connecticut State University
83 Windham Street
Willimantic, CT 06226
Please contact us at (860) 465-5292 or via email at email@example.com Admissions' fax number is (860) 465-4538.
Eastern Connecticut State University admits students of any age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or non disqualifying handicap to all the rights, privileges, programs and activity generally accorded or made available to students at the University.
We strongly encourage completed applications to be submitted before the priority deadline for graduate admissions. The Graduate Division will do its best to process applications received after the priority deadline in time for registration.
Fall Semester – July 6th
Spring Semester – November 3rd
Summer Semester – April 5th
Plan of Study and other forms can be found at “Other Forms”
Please note that the forms require Adobe Reader. You can obtain Adobe Reader free here: