Applying for Graduate Admission
Applicants admitted as non-degree-seeking students are restricted to a total of twelve (12) graduate credits. International students are not eligible for non-degree status. Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid, except for Eastern education majors returning for student teaching.
Non-degree students fall into two possible categories:
- Students who have not met all requirements for admission to a graduate program of their choice.
- Students who are seeking one or more courses for transfer to another institution or students who may or may not have a master’s degree, but are seeking personal or career enhancement.
The Graduate Council encourages interested students to complete the admission process. The following reflects the minimum requirements necessary for admission to the Graduate Division:
- Applicants applying for admission must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution. Applicants pursuing sixth-year teacher certification must have earned a master’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution.
- Applicants must demonstrate appropriate academic background for the program in which graduate study will be done. In general, the minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average necessary for admission into a master’s degree program is 2.7 based on a 4.0 scale.
- Recommendation of the Dean of the Graduate Division. Specific graduate programs may have higher admission standards or stipulate that additional requirements be met. Applicants are encouraged to contact the Dean of the Graduate Division for detailed information.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A completed application for admission–Apply Online
- Official college transcript(s) from all non-Eastern colleges/universities attended.
Although the Graduate Division has a rolling admission process, applicants are encouraged to complete the application process at least six weeks prior to the start of the semester in order to ensure ample time for review and notification.
Submit admission requirements to:
Eastern Connecticut State University
Graduate Division – Webb Hall 160
83 Windham Street
Willimantic, CT 06226
Please contact us at (860) 465-5292 or via email at email@example.com. The Graduate Admissions fax number is (860) 465-4538.
Eastern Connecticut State University admits students of any age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or non disqualifying handicap to all the rights, privileges, programs and activity generally accorded or made available to students at the University.
We strongly encourage completed applications to be submitted before the priority deadline for graduate admissions. The Graduate Division will do its best to process applications received after the priority deadline in time for registration.
Fall Semester – July 6th
Spring Semester – November 3rd
Summer Semester – April 5th
“Eastern Connecticut State University is committed to following the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. If you are a student with a disability (or think you may have a disability), and require adaptations or accommodations, or assistance evacuating a building in the case of an emergency, please contact the Office of AccessAbility Services (OAS) at 860-465-0189 to discuss your request further. Any student registered with the OAS should contact the instructor as soon as possible for assistance with classroom accommodations. Please note that accommodations are not retroactive, and must be communicated through a Letter of Accommodation which is drafted by the OAS.”