Applying for Graduate Admission
The Graduate Council encourages interested students to complete the admission process. The following reflects the minimum requirements necessary for admission to the Graduate Division:
- Applicants applying for admission to a graduate program leading to a master’s of science degree must have earned at bachelor’s degree from an approved/accredited institution.
- Applicants must demonstrate appropriate academic background for the program in which graduate study will be done. The minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average necessary for admission into a master’s degree program is 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale.
- Specific graduate programs may have higher admission standards or stipulate that additional requirements be met. Applicants are encouraged to contact the Dean of the Graduate Division for detailed information.
To apply for admission to a graduate program at Eastern Connecticut State University, please submit the following:
- A completed application for admission. Apply Online
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official college transcript(s) from all previously-attended colleges/universities. International students must submit an official undergraduate transcript to a transcript evaluation organization that has membership to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A document-by-document evaluation report to prove completion of a Bachelor’s degree should be submitted from one of the member organizations.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement – up to 500 words explaining your educational philosophy and professional goals. Personal statements can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proof of English language ability by having earned a score of at least 550 (paper-based) or 79 (iBT) or 213 (computer-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) 6 (IELTS).
- Official document of financial support demonstrating a minimum of $45,000 (USD) in available funds (For I-20).
In addition to the above, students interested in applying for graduate admission to an Education program should submit:
- Copy of valid State Teacher’s Certificate, if applicable
Submit admission requirements to:
Eastern Connecticut State University
Graduate Division – Webb Hall 160
83 Windham Street
Willimantic, CT 06226
Please contact us at (860) 465-5292 or via email at email@example.com. Admissions’ fax number is (860)465-4538.
Eastern Connecticut State University admits students of any age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or non disqualifying handicap to all the rights, privileges, programs and activity generally accorded or made available to students at the University.
We strongly encourage completed applications to be submitted before the priority deadline for graduate admissions. The Graduate Division will do its best to process applications received after the priority deadline in time for registration.
Fall Semester – July 6th
Spring Semester – November 3rd
Summer Semester – April 5th
Plan of Study and other forms can be found at “Other Forms”
Please note that the forms require Adobe Reader.