Graduate Health Entrance Requirements


Graduate Health Entrance Requirements

Immunizations – Connecticut state law requirements regarding measles (rubeola), German measles (rubella), mumps and chickenpox are strictly enforced. Students who do not submit these records will NOT be allowed to register.

  • All part time and graduate students must submit proof of measles (rubeola), German measles (rubella), mumps immunizations as outlined in the full time section above. Please note: If you graduated from a Connecticut high school in 1999 or later, you are exempt from this requirement and DO NOT need to show proof of measles, mumps or G. measles vaccines.
  • Also, starting in the fall of 2010, CT state law requires that all graduate students, born after January 1, 1980, must provide evidence of immunity against chickenpox (varicella) either by showing proof of two doses of the varicella vaccine or documentation from your health care provider stating that you had chickenpox disease.
  • If you are unable to prove that you had chickenpox or you cannot locate any of your immunization records, you can get a blood test to determine if you are immune to any or all of these diseases.

Physical Examination – Unlike full time undergraduate students, graduate students do not need a physical exam or a health care provider’s signature certifying that you have been examined.

Tuberculosis ScreeningALL graduate students, regardless of age, must complete a Tuberculosis Risk Assessment, which can be found on the required health form for part time students.

Please note: if you will be living in the university residential halls, you must provide evidence of having been vaccinated for meningitis.

For additional information, please contact Health Services.