Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

The Application Process

Q: Classes begin next week. Is it too late to apply for admission?
A: We strongly encourage completed applications to be submitted before the priority deadline for graduate admissions (July 6 for Fall Semester; November 3 for Spring Semester; April 5 for Summer Semester). The Graduate Division will do its best to process applications received after the priority deadline, but we cannot guarantee that late applications will be processed in time to meet deadlines for course selection and payment of fees. Please feel free to contact our office directly at (860) 465-5292 or if you have questions or concerns about the timing of your application.

Q. Do I need to take the GMAT or GRE?
A. We encourage all prospective graduate students to take the GRE or GMAT. You must submit GMAT or GRE scores if applying for an assistantship. You can find more information about the tests by reviewing the GMAT Handbook, GMAT test score data, GRE test score data, or downloadable GRE PowerPrep II software.

Assistantships, Tuition, and Fees

Q: How much are tuition and fees for the current academic year?
A: Tuition and Fees

Q: I’ve registered for my courses and I have to pay. What forms of payment does Eastern accept?
A: Payment Plans and Financial Aid

Q: How can I finance my graduate degree?
A: You can find out more about financial aid by contacting the Office of Financial Aid. In addition, graduate assistantships, full-time and part-time, may be available to graduate students. Holmes Masters Program assistantships are also available. For further information and an application, contact the Graduate Division office.

Q. How do I apply for an assistantship?
A. To apply, please complete an application: Graduate Assistantship, Graduate Research Assistantship, or Graduate Internship, and submit it along with your GRE or GMAT scores to the Graduate Division, Webb 160. If you have any questions, please contact the Graduate Division at 860.465.5292.

Programs and Registering

Q: Who can I contact to obtain detailed information about a graduate program of study, the ability to transfer courses, etc.?
A: The Graduate Division can answer general questions. Feel free to contact us at (860) 465-5292 or Program coordinators and faculty advisors can help with specific questions about program requirements.

Q: How do I find out what courses are being offered this semester?
A: You can review the semester class schedule using Eastern’s e-web.

Q: How do I register for classes?
A: You can register in person at the Registrar’s Office on the first floor of the Alvin B. Wood Support Services Center. Or you can login to e-web using your Eastern ID and PIN. Your PIN is initialized as your DOB, in a MMDDYY format. (For example, if your date of birth is January 5, 1981, you will enter 010581.) The system will immediately expire your pin and ask you to change your PIN.

Non-Degree Students

Q: I’d like to take one (1) course. What do I need to do to register?
A: Everyone who wishes to register for a graduate level course, must be matriculated in the Graduate Division. In order to become matriculated, please complete an application and follow the instructions. Applicants need to submit an official transcript from the college or university from which the bachelor’s degree was earned. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.

Once you have been matriculated into the Graduate Division, you will receive letter with an Eastern identification number. You may use this identification number to register online.

Q: Do I need to submit the $50.00 application fee for study as a “Non-Degree” student?
A: The Graduate Division does not require an application fee for Non-Degree study.

Q: How many credits may I take as a “Non-Degree” student?
A: Students who are admitted as Non-Degree students are eligible to take a total of twelve (12) graduate credits before having to apply to a degree program.

Q: I am thinking about applying for a degree program but I’d like to try a course to see if I can handle it. What do I need to do to register?
A: You may apply as a “Non-Degree” student. Please see above.