M.S. in Education Application Instructions
The Graduate Council encourages interested students to complete the admission process. The general application requirements for admission to a M.S. in Education program at Eastern Connecticut State University are the following:
- A completed application for admission–Apply Online
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- A bachelor’s degree from an approved/accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or better; 2.7 GPA for Educational Technology
- Official college transcript(s) from all non-Eastern colleges/universities attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal statement, explaining your educational philosophy and professional goals. Personal statements can be submitted via email to email@example.com
- A copy of a valid State Teacher’s Certificate, if applicable
- A resume/curriculum vitae (for Education Technology applicants only)
In addition to the above, students interested in pursuing a Master’s degree with Teacher Certification must submit:
- Praxis I scores or waiver
- Praxis II score (for Secondary Education)
- Applicants must submit a separate application to Eastern’s Committee for Admission and Retention in Education (CARE). Until this CARE application is approved, education students cannot participate in clinicals or practicums.
Submit admission requirements to:
Eastern Connecticut State University
Graduate Division – Webb Hall 160
83 Windham Street
Willimantic, CT 06226
Please contact us at (860) 465-5292 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Graduate Admissions fax number is (860) 465-4538.
For a list of all programs please see the Graduate Catalog.
Eastern Connecticut State University admits students of any age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or non disqualifying handicap to all the rights, privileges, programs and activity generally accorded or made available to students at the University.
Graduate assistantships are available on a limited basis. Applicants must submit a GRE or GMAT score. To apply, please download an application: Graduate Assistantship or Graduate Research Assistantship. Graduate housing is also available. For more information, contact the Graduate Division.
We strongly encourage completed applications to be submitted before the priority deadline for graduate admissions. The Graduate Division will do its best to process applications received after the priority deadline in time for registration.
Fall Semester – July 6th
Spring Semester – November 3rd
Summer Semester – April 5th
“Eastern Connecticut State University is committed to following the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. If you are a student with a disability (or think you may have a disability), and require adaptations or accommodations, or assistance evacuating a building in the case of an emergency, please contact the Office of AccessAbility Services (OAS) at 860-465-0189 to discuss your request further. Any student registered with the OAS should contact the instructor as soon as possible for assistance with classroom accommodations. Please note that accommodations are not retroactive, and must be communicated through a Letter of Accommodation which is drafted by the OAS.”